Monday, July 5, 2010


This April, a new album by a new artist came to shelves, it was B.o.B's "The Adventures Of Bobby Ray" album, and it was a great alum, best of the year so far, if anyone asks me I would say he's going to win the best new artist at the Grammies this year.
Ok, let's take a look at this album, it's a debut album, it was solid in almost every way, and the album was allot different and deeper than I expected, but different in a good way, not in a bad way.
The album has everything, pop-rap in "Nothin' On You" and "Magic", R'n'B in "Ghost in the Machine" and "The Kids", a mixture between Emo-Rock and rap in "Airplanes" and "Airplanes Pt.2", Straight hip-hop in "Past my Shades" and "Bet I", Techno-Rap in "Higher", all of these are very solid tracks, but I have to say the best was "Airplanes Pt.2" think about it, it's lyrical, it's deep, it's everything needed In a song, it also has stronger, deeper lyrics by Eminem.
The album also had a few week points, particularly in songs like "5th dimension" and "Satellite" both where decent tracks, I'm not going to say there good, but there decent, there good for one listen or two.
Overall, "The Adventures Of Bobby Ray" was the best debut album I've heard since the "Slim Shady LP", but unlike the Slim Shady LP, "The Adventures Of Bobby Ray" was not a good, but at the same time it's allot deeper and more lyrical than the "Slim Shady LP", I think that B.o.B's got a huge career coming for him if he keeps this up.

**Album Rating:
-Lyrics(out of 8)= 7
-Content(out of 8)= 6
-Flow(out of 8)= 6
-Rhythm(out of 8)= 6
-Beat(out of 8)= 6-
Total Rating(out of 40)= 31
4 Stars

*Rating System:
0- 7= 0 Stars
8- 14= 1 Star
15- 21= 2 Stars
22- 30= 3 Stars
31- 35= 4 Stars
36- 40= 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment