Thursday, July 8, 2010

Album Review: Drake- Thank Me Later


Drake's "Thank me Later" was an album, which I thought everyone expected it to be a good album, but unfortunately, the album was a disappointing piece of garbage, the album was stupid and pointless, and should not be heard by anyone.
Drake starts the summer off with a very poor album, his 3 time delayed project was unfitting for the delay to say the least, he went to ways that should not have went(music wise) especially because this is a debut album, and I think he should have played it safe at the beginning, and tried the more complicated music later in his career.

Songs such as "Show me a Good Time" and "Shut it Down" where clearly some meaningful songs, but however, they totally sucked, the songs where lyrical, but they did not have any rhythm what so ever, and lyrics need the rhythem to sound good, songs like "Fancy", "Up All Night", and "Light Up" truthfully felt like Drake, and surprisingly T.I, Jay-Z, and Nikki Minaj where all just screaming out sentences that rhymed, the lyrics had no meaning or rhythemly at all, that did not work for Drake, or anyone, tell me, who likes hearing people scream out words that rhyme? But the whole point is, these songs, like most of this so called "album" where trash.

The album had mostly embarrassing tracks, but there was one track that was actually one of my all-time favorites, "Over" which was a simply incredible track overall, but even that wasn't enough to make the album better than trash.

Overall, I'd say that Drake completely failed in his debut album, he continuously made a fool out of himself in this album, I hope to never see it again, and one more comment, the album was called "Thank me Later", so I agree with Drake, i should thank him later, but when is later? "later" is when he makes an album that is not the worst album I have ever listened to.

*Album Rating:
-Lyrics(out of 8)= 5
-Content(out of 8)= 1
-Flow(out of 8)= 0
-Rhythm(out of 8)= 0
-Beat(out of 8)= 1
*Total Rating(out of 40)= 7
0 Stars

*Rating System
0- 7= 0 Stars
8- 14= 1 Star
15- 21= 2 Stars
22- 30= 3 Stars
31- 35= 4 Stars
36- 40= 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment